So you’ve been wearing removable dentures for a while now. But like many people, you’re starting to get frustrated about how much they shift and loosen over time. Simple tasks like talking and eating can be so uncomfortable, not to mention they feel nothing like natural teeth!
Luckily, there are other treatment options for you out there. If you’re ready to make a change, then maybe it’s time to consider fixed denture implants.
What Are Fixed Denture Implants?
They are a set of false teeth securely anchored by four small titanium screws that serve as replacement tooth roots. These dental implants are distributed and angled in a way to provide maximum stability and support for your dentures. The titanium’s unique ability to fuse with your jawbone adds to the sturdiness and reliability of fixed denture implants.
What Are The Benefits Of Fixed Denture Implants?
● They look just like natural teeth- fixed denture implants are not only functional, but they also look completely natural. No one would be able to tell the difference!
● They feel and work like natural teeth- it feels good to look good, but of course, you want your new teeth to function properly as well. Fixed denture implants give the best speaking, chewing, biting comfort out of all denture solutions, and unlike traditional dentures, you’ll be able to eat whatever you want!
● Easy maintenance- you’ll only need to brush and floss them regularly, as you would with your natural teeth.
● Long-term solution- with proper care and regular check-ups (which you should be doing anyway), fixed denture implants can last you a lifetime.
● To prevent jawbone deterioration- your gums and jawbone require constant stimulation, which they usually get from teeth, to maintain their volume and density. Once your teeth are gone, they can start to deteriorate, causing your facial features to sag over time. Unlike traditional dentures, which often exacerbates the issue, fixed denture implants help support your jawbone and restore your face’s natural proportions.
Are Fixed Denture Implants For You?
Unfortunately, fixed dentures are not for everyone. Here are the general eligibility guidelines that will determine whether you are a good candidate for this process:
● Sufficient jawbone remaining- your jawbone density and quality determines whether the implant will be able to fuse correctly. If you have inadequate bone support, your denturist may recommend a bone grafting procedure.
● Good overall health- getting implants requires sedation and recovery. People who smoke, have diabetes or are receiving other medical treatments often have lower success rates.
● Commitment to oral health- your ability to maintain good oral hygiene will determine the long-term success of your implants. Regular brushing, flossing and dental visits are critical.
● A habit of teeth clenching- the added pressure caused by teeth clenching can affect your success with implants.
With that said, the only way to know if you’re a candidate for fixed denture implants or not is to perform a proper dental exam. If you want to learn more about this procedure or find out your likelihood as a candidate, call 905-819-8484 to book a free consultation at our Mississauga clinic today!